Taking Care of Ironworkers and Their Families
The California Field Ironworkers (CFI) Trust Funds administers all health and welfare benefits, including a pension program, for active and retired members of Ironworkers Local 229, as well as for members of other ironworker locals throughout California. For more information, click on the link above, or call 1-800-527-4613.
The CFI Trust Funds offers to its members two healthcare options.
- The Kaiser Permanente California Ironworkers Field Welfare Plan is one of the plan’s two designated providers of medical benefits. Kaiser Permanente features personalized care at convenient locations, time-saving online tools and innovative wellness programs.
Have questions or comments about coverage under Kaiser Permanente? Please contact Kaiser Permanente Member Services directly:
1-800-464-4000 (toll free)
For the hearing and speech impaired: 1-800-777-1370 (toll-free TTY)
Senior Advantage (Medicare retirees): 1-800-443-0815
Kaiser Permanente’s Advice Nurse line is available 24 hours, toll-free at:
- The other healthcare option is the Blue Cross Prudent Buyer Plan.
In addition, the CFI Trust Funds offers a full range of mental-health and substance-abuse services through expert staff and providers within the Managed Health Network (MHN) managed behavioral health plan, including:
- Inpatient assessment and treatment
- Alternate levels of care, including partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and day-treatment programs
- Outpatient assessment and treatment
- Individual and group treatment
- Crisis intervention available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Treatment follow-up and aftercare
For more information about MHN, click on the link above and enter Caliron at the prompt for a company code, or call MHN at 1-800-977-7962.
The AFL-CIO created Union Privilege in 1986 to provide union members and their families with valuable consumer benefits. By using the collective buying power of unions, Union Plus members are able to access discounted products and services provided exclusively to working families.
Members of Local 229 may request free notary service (union documents only) by calling the hall office at 858-571-5238
During economic downturns when work is difficult to find, members may apply for assistance from the State of California’s Employment Development Department.